可爱的苏格拉底分享 http://blog.sciencenet.cn/u/longtemps

博文

纪伯伦谈欢乐与悲哀

已有 5518 次阅读 2010-9-9 21:35 |个人分类:文学花园|系统分类:诗词雅集|关键词:学者| 冰心, 纪伯伦, 先知, 欢乐与悲哀, Gibran

     《先知》是纪伯伦享誉世界的作品。在这部哲理性很强的诗集里,他借先知之口,向世人讲述对很多人生重大问题的看法,爱、婚姻、孩子、工作,等等。这部作品他酝酿了十几年,是他创作的顶峰,读来引人深思。

   下面选取《欢乐与悲哀》,与大家一起分享。以下译文出自冰心先生之手。

 Joy and Sorrow  欢乐与悲哀

Then a woman said.  "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."

于是一个妇人说:“请给我们讲欢乐与悲哀。”

And he answered:

他回答说:

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

你的欢乐,就是你的去了面具的悲哀。

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes

连你那涌溢欢乐的井泉,也常是

filled with your tears.

充满了你的眼泪。

And how else can it be?

不然又怎样呢?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

悲哀的创痕在你身上刻得越深,你越能容受更多的欢乐。

Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

你的盛酒的杯,不就是那曾在陶工的窑中燃烧的坯子吗?

And is not the lute that soothes your spirit,the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

那感悦你的心神的笛子,不就是曾受尖刀挖刻的木管吗?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

当你欢乐的时候,深深地内顾你的心中,你就知道只不过是曾使你悲哀的,又在使你欢乐。

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

当你悲哀的时候,再内顾你的心中,你就看出实在是那曾使你喜悦的,又在使你哭泣。

Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

你们有些人说:“欢乐大于悲哀。”也有人说:“不,悲哀是更大的。”

But I say unto you,  they are inseparable.

我却要对你们说,它们是不可分开的。

Together they  come,  and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

它们一同来到,当这一个和你同席的时候,要记住那一个正在你的床上酣眠。

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.

真的,你是天平般悬在悲哀与欢乐之间。

Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.

只有在盘空的时候,你才能静止,持平。

When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver,

needs must your joy or your sorrow rise of fall.

当守库者把你提起来称它的金银的时候,你的哀乐就必须升降了。

 

 

 

 

 

 



https://m.sciencenet.cn/blog-213294-361329.html

上一篇:纪伯伦诗歌欣赏
下一篇:Some quotations from the book "I want to be a mathematician"

0

发表评论 评论 (0 个评论)

数据加载中...

Archiver|手机版|科学网 ( 京ICP备07017567号-12 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 07:48

Powered by ScienceNet.cn

Copyright © 2007- 中国科学报社

返回顶部