Special Issue on Recent Advancements in Silicate Ceramics
Open Ceramics, the official, peer-reviewed, Open Access journal of the European Ceramic Society, published by Elsevier, invites research and review articles to be published in a special issue “Recent Advancements in Silicate Ceramics”.
The silicate ceramic industry has been experiencing the pressure of both environmental and economic issues. The future of silicate ceramics manufacturing is closely depending on these social and technological challenges, since paradigms in construction and domestic use will change with the development of society. In such a competitive and dynamic landscape, process and product innovation proved to the key to improve sustainability.
The aim of this feature issue is gathering contributions that address current progresses in the field of silicate ceramics, including: wall, floor & roof tiles, sanitaryware, tableware, frits and glazes, pigments and inks, lightweight aggregates, glass-ceramics, ceramic raw materials and additives.
Open Ceramics welcomes novel contributions focusing hot topics, recent challenges and new technologies, comprising process innovation and product development towards high-value added and environmental-friendly silicate ceramics product, including:
• development of new silicate ceramics product and manufacturing technologies (e.g., 3D printing, novel firing systems)
• last advances in glaze and ink decoration
• functionalized surfaces (self-cleaning, antiviral or antibacteric, high reflectance, etc)
• health and environmental issues (e.g., CO2 emissions, crystalline silica, green certificates)
• quality assurance and improvement of product properties and standards
• enhanced properties and processing behaviour of silicate-based materials
• all aspects of valorization of residues as raw materials in the manufacture of silicate ceramics
• improved testing procedures of silicate ceramics
We kindly invite you to submit your work to contribute to this special issue.
Deadline for manuscript submission: November 30th, 2021.
Special Issue Guest Editor
CNR ISTEC (Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramics), Italy
Maximina Romero Pérez
CSIC IETCC (Eduardo Torroja Institute for Construction Science), Spain
Shaanxi University of Technology (School of Materials Science and Engineering), China
Open Ceramics, Editor-in-Chief
Prof. Ing. Paolo Colombo
University of Padova, Department Industrial Engineering, Via Marzolo 9, 35131 Padova, Italy and The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Special Issue Information
We are pleased to inform you that this Special Issue will waive the APC (Article Publishing Charge) until 30 November 2021. This will be applicable for any submissions received before this date, which are accepted for publication after peer review.
When submitting your manuscripts, please specify that your paper is a contribution to the Special Issue entitled “Recent Advancements in Silicate Ceramics” and select the article type “VSI: Silicate Ceramics”.