waterlilyqd的个人博客分享 http://blog.sciencenet.cn/u/waterlilyqd 翻译--编辑--信息分析从平凡中见神奇! Journal of Mountain Science科学网博客

博文

Management Stories & Management Lessons

已有 3598 次阅读 2010-2-9 10:29 |个人分类:翻译实践|系统分类:生活其它|关键词:学者| 翻译, 管理经验, 管理故事

管理故事和管理经验

 

翻译(英译中): 邱敦莲

 

Management Story #1 管理故事一

 

It's a fine sunny day in the forest and a lion is sitting outside his cave, lying lazily in the sun. Along comes a fox, out on a walk.

在森林里一个阳光灿烂的日子里, 一头狮子正在它的山洞门口懒懒地躺着晒太阳。这时,一只狐狸走了过来。

Fox: "Do you know the time, because my watch is broken"

狐狸问:现在几点了?我的表坏了!

Lion: "Oh, I can easily fix the watch for you"

狮子回答说:是吗?我能轻易地替你修好这只表。

Fox: "Hmm... But it's a very complicated mechanism, and your big claws will only destroy it even more."

狐狸说:嗯。。。但是,这只表的原理很复杂,你的大爪子会把它弄得更烂!

Lion: "Oh no, give it to me, and it will be fixed"

狮子:啊,不!把它给我吧!会修好的!

Fox: "That's ridiculous! Any fool knows that lazy lions with great claws cannot fix complicated watches"

狐狸说:太荒谬了!任何傻子都知道爪子这么大的懒狮子是不能修好这么复杂的钟表的。

Lion: "Sure they do, give it to me and it will be fixed"

狮子:当然是他们修。把表给我吧!会修好的!

The lion disappears into his cave, and after a while he comes back with the watch which is running perfectly.

于是,狮子拿着表进了洞,一会儿,他就把走得很准的表拿出来了。

The fox is impressed, and the lion continues to lie lazily in the sun, looking very pleased with himself.

此事给狐狸留下了深刻的印象。而狮子继续懒洋洋地躺在太阳底下,看起来对自己很是满意!

Soon a wolf comes along and stops to watch the lazy lion in the sun.

一会儿,一只狼走了过来,它停下看了看躺在太阳底下的懒狮子。

Wolf: "Can I come and watch TV tonight with you, because mine is broken"

狼:我的电视机坏了,今天晚上我可以过来跟您一起观看电视嘛?

Lion: "Oh, I can easily fix your TV for you"

狮子:呵呵,我可以轻易替你修好电视机的。

Wolf: "You don't expect me to believe such rubbish, do you? There is no way that a lazy lion with big claws can fix a complicated TV.

狼:不要以为我会相信你这么无聊的话。一头拥有大大的爪子的懒狮子是不可能修理这么复杂的电视机的。

Lion: "No problem. Do you want to try it?"

狮子:没问题。你想试试吗?

The lion goes into his cave, and after a while comes back with a perfectly fixed TV. The wolf goes away happily and amazed.

狮子走进洞穴,只过了一会儿就抱出一台修理得好好的电视机。狼惊奇而又愉快地走了。

Scene: Inside the lion's cave. In one corner are half a dozen small and intelligent looking rabbits that are busily doing very complicated work with very detailed instruments. In the other corner lies a huge lion looking very pleased with himself.

情景:在狮子的洞穴里面的一个落角,有六、七只个头小但看起来很机敏的兔子正在利用精细的工具忙碌地从事着复杂的劳动,而在另一个角落躺着一只巨大的狮子,这只狮子看起来对自己十分的满意!

Moral: IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY A MANAGER IS FAMOUS; LOOK AT THE WORK OF HIS SUBORDINATES.

寓意:如果你想知道一个管理者为什么出名,看看他的下属你就知道了!

Management Lesson: IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY SOMEONE UNDESERVED IS PROMOTED; LOOK AT THE WORK OF HIS SUBORDINATES

管理经验:如果你想知道为什么一个不怎么样的人会得到提拔,看看他下属所做的工作就知道了!

 

Management Story #2 管理故事

 

It's a fine sunny day in the forest and a rabbit is sitting outside his burrow, tippy-tapping on his typewriter. Along comes a fox, out for a walk.

在森林中一个阳光灿烂的日子里,一只兔子正坐在它的洞穴外,在打字机上敲击着。

Fox: "What are you working on?"

狐狸:你正在干什么?

Rabbit: "My thesis."

兔子:我的论文。

Fox: "Hmm... What is it about?"

狐狸:嗯。。。是有关哪一方面的内容?

Rabbit: "Oh, I'm writing about how rabbits eat foxes."

兔子:呵呵,我正在写兔子是如何吃掉狐狸的。

Fox: "That's ridiculous! Any fool knows that rabbits don't eat foxes!

狐狸:真是荒谬!任何傻瓜都知道兔子不吃狐狸!

Rabbit: "Come with me and I'll show you!"

兔子:跟我来,我会让你看到兔子是如何吃掉狐狸的。

They both disappear into the rabbit's burrow. After few minutes, gnawing on a fox bone, the rabbit returns to his typewriter and resumes typing.

Soon a wolf comes along and stops to watch the hardworking rabbit.

于是,它们俩进了兔子的洞穴。几分钟后,兔子啃着狐狸的一根骨头,又回到它的打字机旁继续打字。

不久,一只狼从这里经过,它停下来看着正在辛勤工作的兔子。

Wolf: "What's that you are writing?"

狼说:你正在写什么?

Rabbit: "I'm doing a thesis on how rabbits eat wolves."

兔子:我正在写一篇兔子是如何吃掉狼的论文。

Wolf: "you don't expect to get such rubbish published, do you?"

狼说:你不会期望让这类垃圾文章发表吧?

Rabbit: "No problem. Do you want to see why?"

兔子:没问题。你想看看为什么吗?

The rabbit and the wolf go into the burrow and again the rabbit returns by himself, after a few minutes, and goes back to typing.

于是,兔子和狼走进了洞穴,然后,又只有兔子一个人出来。几分钟以后,兔子开始继续打字。

Finally a bear comes along and asks, "What are you doing?

最后,熊走了过来,它问兔子:你在做什么?

Rabbit: "I'm doing a thesis on how rabbits eat bears."

兔子:我正在弄一篇兔子是如何吃掉熊的论文。

Bear: "Well that's absurd!"

熊:哈哈,真是荒谬!

Rabbit: "Come into my home and I'll show you"

兔子:进我家去看一看,你就知道了。

Scene: As they enter the burrow, the rabbit introduces the bear to the lion.

场景:熊和兔子进了兔子的洞穴,兔子将熊引荐给了狮子。

Moral: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW SILLY YOUR THESIS TOPIC IS; WHAT MATTERS IS WHOM YOU HAVE AS A SUPERVISOR.

寓意:你的论文题目是什么都无所谓,关键是你的导师是谁!

Management Lesson: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW BAD YOUR PERFORMANCE IS; WHAT MATTERS IS WHETHER YOUR BOSS LIKES YOU OR NOT.

管理经验:你的表现怎么样都无所谓,关键是你的老板是否喜欢你!

来源于http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-750.html



https://m.sciencenet.cn/blog-314423-293819.html

上一篇:The Lagoon 礁湖
下一篇:皇帝是怎样选择他的继任者的(中英文)

0

发表评论 评论 (0 个评论)

数据加载中...
扫一扫,分享此博文

Archiver|手机版|科学网 ( 京ICP备07017567号-12 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 19:11

Powered by ScienceNet.cn

Copyright © 2007- 中国科学报社

返回顶部